DATABASE SERVER MANAGER
QuickBooks is great multi-tasking software with functionalities and features across the field. QuickBooks allows multiple users to come together at the same time. QuickBooks Database Server Manager can organize multiple users. With this specific feature, you can make optimum usage of QuickBooks Desktop. How to set up, install and update the QuickBooks Database Server Manager in your system when the ‘Network files’ are stored on the PC. If you are using QuickBooks version, then you must install the ‘QuickBooks Database Server Manager’ for every version. Install the versions beginning with the oldest to newest one. It includes the feature of processing the reports in the chronological orders.
What comprises the folder features?
To store the company file in the server, firstly scan it and assure that the user is allowed to access company file.
- Choose the Start button, click on “Programs”.
- Hit on QuickBooks and then hit on QuickBooks DBMS.
- Now, click on Scan Folders.
- Open the folder which contains QuickBooks company files.
- Scan and confirm the disk if you are not sure about the location of the company file.
- Have a Click on Scan Button; which initiates the scanning process.
The scanned folder displays in the display bar.
QuickBooks Database Server Manager Scan Folders Feature
Among the nifty features, a part of QuickBooks Database Server Manager has the capacity to scan files and folders for multi-user compatibility. If you want other users to get into the files, you must scan them to ensure that they’re compatible with the multi-user environment. QuickBooks Database Server Manager makes this an easy and instant process.
To do a folder scan of QuickBooks, launch the Database Server Manager, choose the folders which contain the business files. In case you don’t know which folders contain the business files, you can scan the whole drive. This obviously takes longer and has the ability to catch all hidden files which could not be noticed. After selecting the right folders, click on the Scan button to initiate the scanning process. QuickBooks will prompt once the scan is complete and all scanned files are ready for multi-user access.
QuickBooks Database Server Manager Monitored Drives Feature
- The feature that’s available in QuickBooks Database Server Manager has Monitored Drives. This feature is made to keep the QuickBooks Database Server Manager up to date as you add new files in the server. To use the Monitored Drive features, access the QuickBooks Database Server Manager and the Monitored Drives. Choose all drives that you wish to monitor for new files. If you intend on adding files to a specific drive, go ahead and choose it during the Monitored Drives set up. Confirm the changes and QuickBooks will automatically scan these drives without any information.
- These are just two numerous features offered in QuickBooks Database Server Some of the features contain System Feature, Updates feature, and Database Server Feature, all of which have their own unique functions.
Monitored Your Drive Features
To keep company files and QuickBooks DBMS updated, use Monitored Drives Features.
- Select the Start button and click on Program.
- Open QB and then choose the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Click on the tab: Monitored Drives.
- To monitor local drive for company file, Hit on add and then click on remove and rename the file.
How to fix QuickBooks Database Server Manager?
- Double click on the QuickBooks online software installer and start the installation process.
- If your PC is connected to the internet then download the update by clicking on next button and if it’s not connected to the internet then click No and click next
- Close the program that’s opened and click next.
- Select network or custom options.
- Choose an install type.
- Select, yes and allow access.
- Enter your product number and license number.
- Follow the on-screen instructions for the completion of installation and install the set up.
How to Open QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Click on the Start button
- Select Programs and then QuickBooks
- Choose QuickBooks Database Server Manager
This is how you set up, install, and update QuickBooks application. In case the issue persists while doing it, feel free to call QuickBooks customer helpline number and get quick assistance. At QuickBooks Database Server Manager we are continuously trying to make our customers more convenient and easy. For more information, you can connect with our QuickBooks Data server assistance team anytime.