QUICKBOOKS FILE DOCTOR
QuickBooks File Doctor is just a free tool that’s helpful in numerous different situations. If you are coping with a corrupted QuickBooks file doctor or having issues connecting your account to the network, File Doctor can there be to help. Although you aren’t having these problems, it’s still recommended that you familiarize and download yourself with the program. To find out more about QuickBooks File Doctor and how exactly to put it.
The QuickBooks File Doctor is just a tool from QuickBooks that was created to diagnose and fix common difficulties with QuickBooks documents and network configuration, including:
- Data corruption
- Windows setup problems
- Network setup problems
The tool has its limits. It only works with:
- qb and .qba files
- QuickBooks company files (.qbw) are smaller than 2 Gb
You need to download QuickBooks File Doctor and install it on your PC. You can find it on the official website of QuickBooks and go ahead to download it. Once it’s downloaded, Open the program and follow the wizard to install it on your PC. After installing, Restart your PC and you should see a new icon on your desktop labeled “File Doctor.” If you are still having problems installing the program, take the help of the troubleshooting manual included in the download.
The benefits of using QuickBooks File Doctor are its ability to repair basic network problems. As an example, some users might encounter the issue of opening company files on the network. In this instance, you can start with your QuickBooks File Doctor program and have a click on the Advanced Settings and follow the instructions. File Doctor is made to walk you through the frequent issues related to network connections. After entering the information, QuickBooks will ask you for the file location. Choose the file location at last and open the file on the network. If all goes well, the File Doctor will repair the problem.
We’ve all dealt with corrupted files at one time or another. With respect to the severity of the issue, a broken file could halt the entire work. File Doctor is made to fix corrupted files within QuickBooks. If you should are struggling with a number of corrupted files, simply run the QuickBooks File Doctor tool to fix the problem. It runs exactly in the same way at the network connection. All you want to accomplish is open the file, follow the instructions, enter your information, and allow it to do the rest.
How to use the QuickBooks File Doctor?
Important: After you run the File Doctor, Click here to provide feedback on how it worked. Your feedback is important to us making further improvements!
- If you already have a version of QuickBooks File Doctor on your PC, ensure to download and install File Doctor to have the latest release.
- Once the download is fully completed, double-click on the expand follow the on-screen instructions to install the QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Once the File Doctor installation finishes, it will open automatically. If not then have a double-click on the QuickBooks File Doctor icon on your PC.
- If the message appears that you need the administrator to continue the rights, click on Yes.
- Choose one of the following options:
- Both file damage and network connectivity– If you think your company file is damaged, or you see an error when you try to open your company file (data file problems).
- Network connectivity only– If you are using QuickBooks in a multi-user setup and get an error when you try to open your company file (network errors).
- If encouraged, enter the Admin password for your company file and click on the Next.
- Select one of the following options, if you have to share your company file
- Yes– If you are running File Doctor on the PC hosting the company file (your Server).
- No– If you are running File Doctor on a PC that is not hosting the company file (your Workstation).
Further, diagnosing network setup problems might not work when you have multiple QuickBooks versions installed on your PC. In some cases, the tool may identify a problem and unable to resolve. To fix your problem, feel free to Contact QuickBooks File Doctor at any time. Our Professionals are available for 24/7 or 365 days.