QuickBooks accounting software comes with various features that permit you to do complex accounting tasks easily. It is a great accounting platform and to make it more effective. Currently, the QuickBooks 2019 version is latest among all that is being highly appreciated by the users across the globe. It is obvious that updating your QB software is necessary but at the same time, you can also drop into some errors while trying to update the QuickBooks software. QuickBooks Error 15102 is one such error that generally appears to your screen when you try to update your QuickBooks to a higher version.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 15102
- You’ve enabled the Shared Download but the download location that you’ve specified is not available or invalid.
- QuickBooks is being accessed in a terminal services environment under multiuser mode
- If you are a Windows Vista user then you may face the error because you are not logged in as Windows Administrator
- Firewall settings are restricting the update process
- Damaged installation of QuickBooks software.
Steps to Fix QB Update Error are as follow:
- If you are in multiuser mode then you need to switch user mode by clicking into Edit > Switch to single-user mode
- Validate if the mapped file location is correct or not. To do so, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Press CTRL+1 will open the Product Information
- From the Product Information window, locate the mapped location path; for example [x]:\[folder name]\[data file name] and write it down somewhere.
- Go to Help > Update QuickBooks.
- Go to the Options tab and check if the details in Download Location are right.
- If the download location is right then you have remapped the drive to a new letter. To do so, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Close the QuickBooks Desktop Company file if it is open.
- Remap your network drive to a new letter.
- Open your QuickBooks Company file by using the newly mapped-drive letter.
- Go to Help > Update QuickBooks > Options
- Set the Shared Download to No and then back Yes
- Make sure that the download location is using the new mapped-drive letter.
- Click on Save and then Close.
- Try to download the latest tax table again.
If you keep on facing the issues in Windows Vista then you need run QuickBooks Desktop with administrator rights.
- Go to the desktop and right-click on the green QB icon
- From the drop-down list, choose the option Run as Administrator
- If the User Account Control (UAC) asks you to run the application, click on the option of Continue button.
- Try to update QuickBooks to the latest release again.
Technical Assistance for QuickBooks Update Issues
The Provided solutions will permit you to fix the error code 15102 and then you will be able to update your QuickBooks Desktop and make use of the latest features of QuickBooks 2019. However, if you keep on facing the same issue then you need to connect with the QuickBooks Technical Support Phone Number for instant assistance of QuickBooks.
Feel free to reach us at QuickBooks Support
If by following the steps, the issue still occurs, feel free to reach us at QuickBooks Support number at any time. Our technicians are always there for your help. So don’t get worried. Feel free to contact us at any time.