QuickBooks Database Server Manager: How To Update, Install And Setup
QuickBooks software provides you with this amazing utility feature that is called QuickBooks Database Server Manager (QBDBSM). It allows you to organize the QuickBooks application for multiple different users. It is quite useful when you want to make sure that you make the optimum use of the QuickBooks application for Desktop. You need to update, install, and set up the QuickBooks Database Server Manager on the computer or laptop for the maximum utilization of the desktop application and file performance on the network.
QuickBooks Database Server Manager produces Network Data files which are stored on the laptop or computer. In case you are using more than one version of QuickBooks Desktop application, it is recommended to install the
Steps to install the QuickBooks Database Server Manager:-
1. Firstly, locate the installer of QuickBooks on the host laptop or computer, double-click on it, and after that open the installation wizard.
2. If the host laptop or computer has the network access and can easily download an update, click on the option which says Next.
3. In case your laptop or computer has no internet connection, click on the option which says No and hit on the Next button.
4. Now, close the other programs which are running in the background and click on Next option.
5. Agree and Read to the Software License Agreement. After that click on Next option.
6. Go to Network or Custom Options and choose the type of installation which you want to process.
7. Now, select the option which says Yes, allow access.
8. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation of the software.
9. Lastly, set up the QuickBooks Database Server Manager after the successful installation of the software program.
Steps to update the QuickBooks Database Server Manager:-
After you are completely done installing the QuickBooks Database server manager, it is quite important to check whether or not an update for the software program is available. Periodically, Intuit releases the software program update in order to optimize the use of the QuickBooks application for Desktop. Mostly, the newly installed QuickBooks Desktop application critically need an update. Follow the steps mentioned below:-
1. You need to update and download the QuickBooks Desktop application to the latest release. It is important to know that the patch is the same for the computer and the server.
2. After you are done with the installation of the QuickBooks desktop application, it is highly recommended to restart the server.
3. After updating the server, a message will appear which reads the company files requires to be updated. Also, there will be a popup to create a backup file, which is essential as updates can alter the structure of the database.
4. Follow the popups and after you are done taking the backup file, you should be able to open the files respectively.
Steps to setup QuickBooks Database Server Manager:-
1. Firstly, open the QuickBooks Database Server Manager and scan the files or folders which you need to configure for the multi-user access.
3. In order to add brand new company files to the server, use Monitored Drives Feature and keep the QuickBooks Database Server Manager up to date.
2. Now, scan the organization files on the server to make sure that the files are configured properly to give them access to the multiple different users.
4. Make sure that the company files are connected to the database server and users are logged in to the company files.
5. In case you want to make some change to the status of the service, use the Service Admin Tool and configure the management service.
6. Now use the Updates feature and download the latest updates to the QuickBooks database management Server.
This is how you update, install, and set up the QuickBooks desktop application. In case you face any problem while doing it, you can reach the QuickBooks customer support and get quick assistance from Accounting help number.